Monday, October 18, 2010

Don't Be Tricked-Skip the Treat

It's here again. The holiday season begins with Halloween in just a little over a week. The stores have their 'goodies' everywhere, in every size, shape, and color imaginable. After Halloween you'll find the same garbage intricately wrapped in 'fall' colors, just what we need, the same crap, different packaging. If this isn't enough, you'll find the same trash elegantly wrapped the day after Thanksgiving, literally, in festive Christmas colors. 


Yes, I'm on one today, because every year we hear about the horrible 'cold and flu' season, shots and over the counter remedies are pushed on the public everywhere, it's all "for our own good". REALLY? I mean come on. Labeling garbage as some type of food stuff, that is somehow considered acceptable, allowed to be sold, and pushed in its own political way, at every location you can think of, and then for a remedy.... just buy over the counter drugs, and get a flu shot. Interesting. If the government is so concerned for our health and well-being, why the hell do they allow alcohol, tobacco, and sugar laden trash to be sold everywhere, when they know this stuff does nothing but hurt people, make them sick, become addicted in some cases, and in many instances, die. 


It's amazing the cost of healthcare. Do people honestly think the cold and flu season is really the cold and flu season? Or is it people consume so much garbage during this 'Holiday' time, they run down their immune systems, and can no longer withstand the illnesses that come with a run down immune system.


Sugar does nothing for the body, absolutely nothing, but destroy the good. Sure it tastes sweet, and we like sweet. Sure, I like sweet, too. But too much of anything is.. too much. I used to have sugar laden cereals for breakfast, donuts, greasy fried breakfast wraps, etc., and at lunch do pizza, a shake, maybe a couple cookies afterward, and dinner ditto the same type of fare, it wreaks havoc on the body. At the time I knew no better. Sure, I knew there was fruits and vegetables, but I never really knew their value because I very rarely ate them. I was young, I didn't understand, I didn't really care, and did not see a reason to change, even though I was sickly most of the time, I made no connection that it was because of the 'food' I ate. 


Trust me, I know. I was a junk food junkie for years!!!!!! My health was horrible for years ,as well. I had to begin to make a change because I HAD to, please, do not let this happen to you.


I challenge all of 'Tight's' readers to accept the challenge to not partake of the garbage this year. What is the worst thing that could happen? What did you say? You'll be healthier? Maybe lose some fat? Your complexion will be cleaner? You'll be happier? You'll become stronger when it comes to sticking to your other goals, as well? 


Yes, I believe it's okay to have a sweet every now and then, but it should be a rarity not an everyday occurrence. Our taste buds are trained to crave what we feed them. You might actually have to go through a sugar 'detox'.  I had to, my system was so used to the sugar. I had headaches for a couple weeks, was irritable, felt hungry all time, then one day it began to reverse, and the rest is history.


You know, back in the old days, bakeries were far and few. It was for a truly special occasion that one made the travel to the bakery to place a 'special' order and make their way back home to 'celebrate'. Now we have bakeries everywhere, baked 'goods' everywhere, and people are eating them all the time. Ditto candy bars, chips, ice cream, etc. 


If you want success with your training program, or to maintain your success, and even progress, this matter needs to be taken seriously. Your body deserves it. You deserve it. Please, do not be mislead. It is indeed a Trick, it's no Treat.

2 comments:

  1. So true! Sugar causes inflammation in the body and inflammation leads to cancer. I don't know why people haven't stopped to think for themselves enough to realize that the very things they comsume are killing them. Your really are what you eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People continue to consume garbage out of lack of knowledge, denial, disrespect for themselves, and/or just don't realize what a difference clean eating can make.

    ReplyDelete