Sunday, November 26, 2017
What does happiness have to do with health? ALOT! A happy soul makes for a happy person, makes for a happy family, a happy workplace, happy hormones, which makes for a healthy body. Be happy.
Have you ever been around a negative person?
Negative people live off your energy folks, avoid them like the plaque.
Of course we all have times when we're feeling less than upbeat, when life throws us a curve ball, when our hearts ache, but there is something to be learned from the experience and then it is time to move on. Sure it's okay to mourn, to cry, to share our disgruntlements with others, as we are human and humans are meant to communicate. Communication is one way to sort through feelings which allows us to see things more clearly, deal with them more directly, and move forward, with a new hope, with inspiration, with determination. It's when we get 'stuck in the rut', that perspectives can become clouded, and last way too long. This in turn affects the best of all relationships, as no one like to be around a permanent 'Crank'.
WHAT DETERMINES OUR HAPPINESS?
You are your own chemical manufacturing plant. That's right, within you lies a powerful system capable of manufacturing all kinds of potent chemicals, which equals endless opportunities. When a person experiences feeling, they immediately begin sending signals to the hypothalamus, which in turn pumps out peptides in relation to what they're feeling. Have the same feeling long enough and these peptides will latch onto receptors in the brain and make a new home. When this new cell splits it has the inherent makings of the same feelings times ten!
Yes, there are individuals who, for some unfortunate reason, have chemical imbalances that need intervention. This should be the exception not the rule. I find more and more doctors handing out anti-depressants to patients. Utah is known as the Anti-Depressant capitol of the country. What is up with that? If a person needs help, by all means get help, you deserve to be happy. Just be sure it's in your favor, the benefits outweigh the risks, and it's something you're educated about and comfortable with.
HAPPINESS IS A GIFT
Like all gifts, some are to be shared and others treasured by one. Happiness works much the same way, at times we can share freely, at others times the happiness is tucked away safely. One thing is for sure, happy people radiate, they glow, they are like magnets to those around them. They are easily approached, easy to talk to, easy to spend time with, easy to just sit contently quietly with.
HAPPINESS CAN BE CONTAGIOUS
Fake it till you make it. Sooner or later the peptides will get the message you mean business and WANT to be happy, and begin working in your favor, and like your happiness, will start affecting the cells around them the same way a happy person rubs off on the people around them. I'm so thankful for happy people, for people who smile, who greet me with a 'Good morning', it makes my day. I hope I too can share the happiness with those around me, as life is too short to be unhappy.
HAPPINESS AND YOUR HEALTH
Happy people get sick less often, miss work less often, have happy relationships with those around them, and in turn save bundles on doctor visits, medications, time off work, fuel, and have been found to have less disease. Coincidence? I think not.
If you see someone who needs a listening ear, listen. If someone needs a hug, hug them. If their heads are hanging down, help bring their sights back up. We all have our days. We might not be able to help everyone, but we can at least be mindful of those around us. If they respond, wonderful, if they are not interested, then maintain your happiness and be on your way. Many a person has had a better day simply by another individual sharing a smile, or as simple a thing as holding a door open for them.
Happiness is important to health, to longevity, to relationships. Happiness is to be felt, shared, enjoyed, and experienced. Like I've said before, evaluate your life, decide what you are happy with and what you are not. Make goals, take action, cast fear aside. If you're waiting for someone else to 'make' you happy you could be waiting a mighty long time. Look within.
Go to www.jillnix.com and lose the belly fat, walk lighter,
eliminate cravings and live the life of your dreams!
Sunday, November 19, 2017
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the world population)
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pains for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?
Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?
1. In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the 'real thing' sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate), commercial trucks must use a Hazardous Material Placard reserved for highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean engines of their trucks for about 20 years.
Drinking water at the correct time maximizes its effectiveness on the Human body:
- 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
- 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
- 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
- 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
Drink to good health!
Go to: www.jillnix.com for your Personalized Meal Plans and Custom Training Programs!
Sunday, November 12, 2017
We’ve all heard how good fish oil is for us. How fatty fish such as salmon, a couple times a week, can improve many qualities of our lives. Fish oil has so much more to offer than many people realize.
To gain the benefits from fish oil, one must consume it regularly, meaning in a sufficient amount, on a daily basis. It might not be realistic or even palatable, for people to consume salmon every day, especially in the amounts necessary to reap health benefits. Sure, there are other fish we can get these precious oils from, however, there’s controversy over contamination of these fish due to pollution, chemical dumping, and other environmental, as well as, manmade toxins.
BENEFITS OF FISH OIL
- Reduces symptoms from food allergies.
- Helps to alleviate depression (post-partum depression, as well).
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Lowers blood triglycerides.
- Improves brain function.
- Slows macular degeneration.
- Slows macular degeneration.
- Speeds recovery from ulcers.
- Improves complexion.
- Reduces risk of heart disease.
- Strengthens vision.
- Reduces inflammation, which in turn leads to quicker recovery whether
from illness or exercising.
- Reduces joint pain.
- Promotes elimination of stored fat.
- Improves concentration.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Reduces acne.
- Helps maintain and regulate organs.
- Reduces wrinkles.
- Promotes overall skin health.
- Assists in the elimination of toxins from the system.
- Crucial for brain development in fetus’s, babies, infants, and children.
- Promotes macular health.
- Aids digestion.
So how can we reap the benefits of fish oil without having to eat a lot of fish? Simple. Buy fish oil. Before you run out to purchase fish oil, be sure you know what you’re looking for. Always look for pure, non-synthetic, fish oil. A couple reputable brands I like are: ‘Udo’s’, and the Twinlab formula. My kids will even get into the fridge and take the Twinlab on their own because it’s emulsified, and naturally flavored. No one likes to be burping up a fish all day. Emulsified, pure fish oils from Twinlab taste great, and are good quality.
Udo’s oil has been around for a long, long, time. Erasmus Udo has done extensive research with oils, and came up with his own ‘ideal’ oil. Ideal it is, a bit more expensive than other brands, but well worth it.
I’m sure there are other good quality oils on the market, as well. Do some research of your own, ask around, shop at health food stores and ask what the most popular fish oil supplement is they sell, and why.
Whether you choose capsules, for ease to carry around with you, or liquid, be sure to keep your oils refrigerated. If you purchase more than one bottle, keep it closed until you're ready to use it, and store it in a cool dark place, or in your fridge.
If you find you cannot tolerate a particular brand, don’t give up, keep looking, and soon you’ll find one that your taste buds and digestive system will agree with.
Sunday, November 5, 2017
Ever wonder why some people succeed, an even excel, with extreme circumstances, and others can't seem to overcome? The answer lies in perseverance. Yes, good old perseverance.
WHAT IS PERSEVERANCE?
Perseverance is to persist at what it is we are trying to achieve, until it is indeed a done deal. It's to keep moving forward, pressing on, despite the obstacles, or difficulties we may encounter along the way. It's a resolute and unyielding desire to hold on, to stay the course, no matter what. It's applying our best efforts for an undesignated time, with no certainty of an end result. Does this sound appealing to you? For many, it does, IF they are determined to get what they desire, no matter the cost. To others, it is not appealing, as it requires mental, physical, emotional, spiritual work and endurance. This is the age of "get it now", and let's face it Team, the things worth striving for in life take time to achieve, and perhaps a lifetime to conquer. For many, if they cannot 'get it now', they'd rather not have it.
THE THINGS IN LIFE WHICH ARE OF GREATEST VALUE CANNOT BE SEEN...ONLY FELT. CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED...ONLY UNDERSTOOD. CANNOT BE BOUGHT...ONLY EARNED. - Jill Nix
THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS
Think about what and who means the most to you in your life, and why. Write down three things you would like to achieve during your lifetime, and why. Rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 on the totem pole, and assess where you are at with each of them. Decide if they are truly worth your effort in giving it all you have to accomplish. This means strength of character. It means sacrifice. It means facing your fears. It means practicing self-control, self-restraint, and self-discipline. It could be a long, long, road, with many turns, and unsuspecting obstacles. It will mean inconvenience, hardships, and heartaches along the way. You will grow weary from time to time. You will question your own abilities. You will question your own self-worth. Others will judge you. Do you still want to do it? If the answer is 'yes', then this is one of your life's purpose's, and you should not shun it, fear it, or turn from it.
The pay-off? Yes, the pay-off. It's in overcoming what you once believed was the impossible. It's in a feeling of fulfillment that only comes through perseverance and none other. It's looking at the progress you've made over the days, weeks, months, and years. It's accomplishing something that only you can fully comprehend as valuable. You will many times feel as though you walked alone, and in the end realize you were never alone for long, just long enough to learn a lesson, and perhaps a tough one at that. You will gain an inner strength that cannot be described. You will indeed have an impact on many. The pay-off is priceless my friends.
MAY WE ALL KNOW WHAT WE'RE AFTER - AND PERSEVERE!
Visit: www.jillnix.com for all your Health and Fitness needs. We have Online Programs available!!!