Monday, July 11, 2011

End of the Month Assessment #6 of 12

Hi Team:


Here we are again, at the beginning of another new month, only this time we're over the hump of the 'New Year', yes, hard as it is to believe half the year is already over! How are you doing on your road to reaching your goals? Do not be deceived, even the old saying, "Two steps forward, one step back", is indeed progress. Just keep plugging along.  


Perhaps, you're one of those who are sailing along, and have not only reached your "New Year's" goals, but are now planning and moving through the necessary steps to reach even more goals. Remember, 


THERE IS NO LIMIT BUT THE ONE(s) YOU PLACE UPON YOURSELF


On the other hand, if you find you're not getting closer to your goal(s), please, sit down and consider what is holding you back. Ask yourself the following questions:


1. Have I done all that I can?
2. Have I set realistic goals?
3. Have I brainstormed?
4. Have I found/discussed this with my mentor?
5. Do I have any type of support system?
6. Am I taking the initiative? 
7. Are my goals, plans, and methods of execution written down? 
8. Is my self-talk positive?
9. Am I doing at least one thing each day to get to my goal?
10. Is it time to seek professional help?


If your goal(s) mean so much to you, do what you need to do to get the job done. It's your life, your goal(s), and your responsibility. Please, do not let this year be another year you look back with regret. Hold your head high. Be strong. Never quit.


I know what it's like to be forever 'chasing' a goal. In some ways I've been after some of my goals for decades. Does this mean I'm a failure? By no means. As I've learned so much along the way. I've grown from the inside-out. I've failed so many times in the process of succeeding, I no longer fear to fail. 


It is true, when an individual is ready to 'give-up', success looms just right around the corner. I know what I desire. Whether or not my body cooperates or not, is another story. The human body is a delicate balance, disrupt it, and it will set YOU straight. This is why I feel I'm successful at what I do, because I've used my body as a science experiment for decades, what works, what doesn't. Many times, when I feel I have things down, my body will change yet again, challenging me to a new detective case. I hate it. I love it. Each time I must go further and further from my comfort zone, and into the 'abyss'. It makes me a better person, a stronger person, a more knowledgeable person.


What I'm saying is


YOU MAY HAVE TO COME OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE 


to reach the goals you've been desiring for many years, but have felt unable to attain. 


THIS MEANS YOU MUST BE STRONG ON THE INSIDE


to bring about the changes you desire on the outside.


I'm sure you've heard of the story where a house is all torn down, and the neighbors ask what in the world happened to the house. The owners respond, "We're building a mansion". Things can really look like a train wreck on the outside, what matters is what's going on on the inside. 


Sometimes, we must tear down old beliefs, old self-talk, old fears, and be willing to live with the 'mess', while we are busy constructing something greater. I challenge you to take a good hard look at what's happening in your life, and make an evaluation.


Seriously, I know of women who have had everything from breast augmentation, to tummy tucks, who within six months will confess they are no happier with themselves. 


IT'S WHAT'S ON THE INSIDE THAT MATTERS


WHAT'S GOING ON WITH YOU?


Life is too short to live unhappily. You are meant to succeed. You are meant to progress. Yes, you were even meant to have struggles along the way. So, chin up, stand tall, be proud of who you are, where you're at, and be determined to make this year different from the rest. Look within.


Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment