Thursday, March 3, 2016

Prepping: Made Easy

READY, SET, GO!!!
20th Century Prepping

I’m sure you’ve all heard it by now: D O O M S D A Y 
I couldn't pass by the Chuck Norris humor, after all, he was my mentor (and still is), since the age of 13. He’s one of the most genuine, sincere, humble men I’ve ever met. Down to earth, doesn’t candy coat anything, doesn’t expect anything from anyone he’s not willing to do himself, not looking for accolades, doesn’t like to draw unnecessary attention, yet he knows how to get his point across in a gentlemanly way, and keeps what’s best for the benefit of everyone on the forefront, not just for himself. That says a lot considering the success he’s had throughout the years, in both the martial arts world, and in Hollywood. Many have lost their lives, and common sense along the path, but not him. If ever there was a man of focus and intent, it would be Chuck.
He openly speaks about many agenda’s in our 20th century world, and the impact those agendas have on society both now, and in the future. 
I’m sure you all have someone who’s mentioned something or another of the crazy yet magnificent time we live in. With all being said, the following quote comes to mind:
“Better to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best, than to never have taken any action at all.”
With this, I’m outlining a few items to assist you in the hopes it will motivate you to take action. There are indeed storms, a shaky economy, things are like, well…… “We’re not in Kansas anymore Toto”
When I think of these things, I think of family history, no offense, but at first I must admit, I found family history research to be rather mundane as I had very little to go by. As time went on, all the effort I put into phone calls, finding living distant relatives (never knew they existed), and left many petitions for information throughout the U.S. and started venturing overseas. 
Eventually, it came to a standstill. Then, a funny thing happened, as people were nearing their death, they called to get my address to send me a copy, or in some cases, even the originals of what they had. It changed everything.
Long story short: You can only add value to your family’s life, and your own, by putting forth the effort to know your family’s past. Now, we can’t tell the future (or can we?), but I believe it’s just as important to invest in what lies ahead for your family, as well.
THE BASICS
  • Shelter
  • Water
  • Food storage
  • Heating source(s)
  • Light: As in a way to make and sustain it, be it a lamp, flashlight, etc.
  • Cash or a means of exchange in which to purchase or exchange.
  • Transportation: If you need to relocate
  • Map(s) 
  • Communication source(s)
  • A means by which to defend yourself and family
  • First Aid kit(s), beyond that of the basics, ideally
  • Food for pets
  • Tools
  • Have a well practiced evacuation plan 
  • Home security
  • Sanitation supplies
  • Alternative power source
I’m sure there is more we could add to the list, but this is enough to get started with. I know we certainly have plenty to work on in my neck of the woods. Preparing anything can be overwhelming, the key is:
  • Doing what you can.
  • With the resources you have available.
  • One step at a time.
I know you all probably know and have a good deal of these things done already, perhaps not. In either case, let’s not be one of those people who hear “Johnny, take out the trash”, so many times, that Johnny instantly turns off his hearing as soon as he hears the word, “Johnny”. 
I must say, when my husband and I had a couple kids (at the time), unforeseen things took place and we were without employment for over three months. We ate canned food, whatever was left in the cabinets in boxes, whether it was rice for breakfast, etc. When my husband got a call for a job we were cleaned out, everything. I was so grateful that we at least stored what we could, it made a world of difference.

QUOTE FOR THE WEEK:
“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.”   ~ Patanjali
This week, BE INSPIRED!!!!! What inspires you? Who inspires you? Why?
Have a wonderful week! Stay strong. Stay focused. Take action on your goals.

Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment